Procrastination It's about the trend and the result of to procrastinate that is to say delay, delay or delay something .
Procrastination, therefore, consists of postpone the fulfillment of a obligation or the development of an action. When this attitude becomes habitual, procrastination becomes a behavioral disorder which may require psychological attention.
The people They can procrastinate their tasks in different fields. In the case of a child, procrastination may appear when he decides to stay in front of the computer or television instead of completing the homework he must deliver, to cite a possibility. The child does not assume responsibility, but instead postpones it and replaces the performance of duties with another activity.
Adults can develop procrastination when they delay a visit to the doctor or when they never decide to tidy up the house. The key to procrastination is the replacement of an activity that needs attention for another that results more pleasant . The chosen activity is less important, although it is more pleasant. In this way, the important is postponed and something different is privileged.
The specialists recommend set short-term goals , establish rewards and perform the most difficult tasks first to end the procrastination. The person must find motivation in their activities and, in turn, must accept the responsibilities They touch him.
Let's look at some infallible advice to overcome procrastination:
* establish a group of activities that you do not allow to leave for later, taking as criterion the time it takes you to carry them out. For example, determine that those actions that last 2 or less minutes will not be able to procrastinate them;
* dare to face those obligations that cause you fear step by step, in small sessions . Sometimes we dare not start with a task because we believe ourselves unable to complete it, but when we force ourselves to dedicate our effort, even if it is not for a few minutes, it is likely that this barrier will weaken;
* turn any repetitive or boring task into a routine It always helps to overcome it more easily. When we get used to facing the same challenges every day, those aspects that previously threatened us lose strength in the face of the skill we inevitably develop;
* take the time to think about those things that we have been postponing for a long time, to find the causes of our procrastination . We do not always leave the obligations for later on a conscious level, and that is why it is important to review our organization frequently and make the relevant decisions to improve it;
* recording in a table the activities that we carry out on a daily basis and the time each one takes may seem a bit of an exaggeration, but it usually works to make us more responsible and establish a stronger bond with our obligations;
* One of the best tips to combat procrastination (among many other problems) is learn to say "no" . It is likely that behind the impossibility of completing our tasks there is usually commitments with other people who don't even make us feel at ease;
* Although procrastination is associated with time, the secret to avoiding it is in making good use of our energy. Trying to work or study when we are tired or emotionally blocked is to significantly increase the chances of failure;
* Depending on the personality of each one, sharing with our circles information about the projects that we fear postponing can help us complete them, before the pressure that comes with expectations of others .