The Latin word sacchărum came to our language as saccharose . It is a term that can be used as a synonym for common sugar (a carbohydrate with a sweet and white flavor that can dissolve in water).
Sucrose is a disaccharide : that is, a carbohydrate that is formed from the union of two monosaccharide sugars. In the specific case of sucrose, the sugars that come together are the glucose and the fructose .
The sucrose crystals acquire the white color from the diffraction of the light . Because of its flavor, sucrose is the sweetener more popular. This means that sucrose (common sugar) is added to foods that are sweetened: coffee, a sponge cake, an acidic fruit, etc.
He human being tends to consume excess sucrose , something that results in various health disorders. The reason for such a custom is linked to its appreciated flavor and low cost. That is why many meals include an exaggerated amount of sucrose.
Doctors often warn their patients that sucrose can cause diabetes , generate cavities and contribute to the obesity . For these reasons, they suggest limiting their consumption or using other natural sweeteners that are healthier for the body.
It should be noted that sucrose can be obtained from various sources. The most common are the sugar cane and the beet . Once sucrose is obtained, it is purified and crystallized to produce the table sugar that is marketed in bags, packages and envelopes.
Benefits of sucrose
While it is known that its excess consumption can have several negative consequences, as discussed in previous paragraphs, common sugar also offers us a good number of Benefits , some of which are listed below:
* It is one of the ingredients with the highest volume of energy for our body. The brain benefits more than any other part of our body from the daily consumption of sucrose, provided it is a moderate dose , since it provides you with the energy necessary to be active and perform properly throughout the day;
* sucrose is also essential during the first years of life, since it plays a very important role in the developing of the tissues. In fact, even in adulthood, both human beings and other animals, the use of common sugar for wound healing is very effective;
* allows to maintain the necessary glycogen values in the organism , since its lack can bring health problems. Glycogen is a substance that is found in the muscles and liver in large proportions, and that can become glucose when the body needs it,
* Another benefit offered to people in full growth is an ideal nutritional contribution for proper physical and mental development, which translates later into a major resistance during those activities that demand great efforts ;
* the consumption of sucrose also collaborates with the correct assimilation of the protein, another of the fundamental components for our organism;
* proper nutrition of nervous system It also depends on a frequent dose of sucrose. In this way, it is possible to reduce the risk of alterations such as nervous breakdowns;
* its lack increases appetite and produces anxiety, which can be seen frequently in too severe diets, and therefore it is important to consume sucrose, even in small amounts;
* Given the it has a relaxing effect , is ideal to reconcile the dream and many doctors indicate it as a kind of natural remedy to avoid insomnia.